Vision, Values & Ethos
Live a life of love, just as Jesus loved us. Ephesians 5 verse 2.
‘Small school, big Heart - making a difference. Our school provides the Christian foundation for children to grow and flourish, whilst inspiring ambition. Everyone is a valued member of the school family which empowers them to achieve their very best. Our nurturing environment ensures each child becomes a confident and curious life-long learner. Our Christian values enable us to inspire others, build courage and show respect - all through love’
‘Live a Life of Love, Just as Jesus Loved Us’
Ephesians 5: Verse 2
The school vision image was chosen by pupils, parents, staff and members of the academy committee. The image was chosen as a reminder that we are all on a journey together in the basket of the balloon. The four ropes represent our values of Love, Inspiration, Courage and British Values. The balloon itself is fired by Father, Son and Holy Spirit (the Trinity) and this power helps us to travel through life together-wherever our journey may take us.
A Bible verse to reflect this is:
Psalm 139 vs 9:
‘If I flew away beyond the East or lived in the farthest place in the West, you would be there to lead me, you would be there to help me.’
We will realise our vision by:
- Working together with Witchampton Church to strengthen our Christian values
- Having high expectations to ensure children achieve well and make good progress
- Valuing the importance of each child developing as a confident individual
- Promoting positive behaviour to ensure children are safe and feel safe
- Challenging and inspiring independent thinking and a desire for further knowledge
- Providing quality teaching and learning experiences tailored to each child’s needs
- Promoting good social skills, confidence and self-esteem within a Christian context
- Offering a broad range of music, arts, drama and sports; and embracing new technologies
- Forming strong partnerships with parents and the local community
- Creating exciting, inspirational learning environments in and beyond the classroom
- Valuing and respecting other people in our community, the UK and the wider world
Our school has four core Christian values of love, inspiration, courage and respect. These were chosen by the children and staff.
Our Witchampton Wows
We have four Witchampton Wows, each of the wows represent one of the school values; Love (pink), Courage (orange), British Values (turquoise) and Inspiration (purple). The children are awarded the Wow that represents the value that they have excelled in. For example; for ‘Love’ a child may show great companionship towards a fellow pupil when they are unwell, for ‘Courage’ a child may try something for the first time, and for ‘Inspiration’ and child may have completed a great piece of work that was shared with the class/whole school.